I love applying make-up to transform myself from plain to glamour. It gives me confidence. I wish somebody had told me the magic of hiding my blushing red cheeks throughout school! This little post is looking at what make-up I use to achieve my pin up look. I do this look everyday. For work I don't wear lipstick but I wear everything else!
- First of all I prime my skin with Rimmel London lasting finish primer (4).
- Secondly, I use Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer (2) on the area under my eyes, my eyelids and the creases around my nose
- I have very pale skin and most foundations / bases look quite orangey on me. I discovered Missha M BB cream (3) a couple of years ago. Missha M is a Korean brand. It works well on my sensitive skin and as it is a BB cream I find it doesn't clog my pores too much. I use no.13 which is the palest of the range. They have a good range of colours available.
- To set my BB cream, I pat Coty Airspun translucent loose face powder (5) on to my entire face to give me a more matte look.
- For a little colour in my pale cheeks I use Soap & Glory 'At First Blush' blusher (1) which is a lovely peachy pink blush.
- First of all I brush my brows then apply Rimmel London dark brown eyebrow pencil (1)
- Secondly, I apply Maybelline brow drama eyebrow mascara (2) in dark brown to the inner side of my eyebrows.
- I then apply all of the W7 'Naked nudes' eyeshadows (3) as appropriate.
- The next step is to get my cat eye flick. I use Collection 2000 Lasting Colour gel liner (4) in black and a thin brush as a base.
- I then use Collection 2000 extreme felt tip liner (5) to neaten up the flick (as I find this really difficult!)
- To exaggerate my eyelashes I use Bourjois 'Push Up Glamour' mascara (6) in extreme black. This gives me lovely thick lashes without giving me spider legs for eyes!
- Finally, I finish off my eye make up with a small beauty mark using Miss Sporty mini me eyeliner (7) in black.
I don't wear lipstick. Instead I wear lip liner as I find it to be more durable, not as drying yetmore matte. The two main lip liners that I use are the Rimmel London 'exaggerate full colour lip liner' in Red Diva and Eastend Snob.
I hope you have found this little post useful. I am not a make-up artist and I am constantly learning about new products that work best for me! As ever, please feel free to comment below.