Sunday 18 January 2015

Mini Post - Vintage clubwear?! Of course!

Hi there guys and dolls!
I recently had a question come up on Tumblr asking if I could do a post about what I wear when I go clubbing! I don't go out a great deal, but when I do, I still like to bring across my sense of style whilst also being practical for the dark and dingy clubs of the streets of England.

One thing I shall say: do not wear vintage. There is a risk of drink being thrown, sweat being dripped and other bodily fluids escaping your oral cavity.

I have a certain number of dresses which I do like to wear and they are all relatively cheap but still have a vintage 'edge'. If I am feeling bold (and I usually am after a vodka or two) then I tend to opt for a pencil skirt - a flattering shape whilst also giving off that vintage glam. I don't do short dresses, so anything below the knee is a winner (I am such a prude). Below I have included some images and links to simple vintage-inspired dresses from the high street and online.

Miss Selfridge - £28

  
 This plain black 'waffle' dress from Miss Selfridge is simple yet can be accessorised in so many ways. Pair with a bolero of any colour and matching coloured accessories. Combine with a pair of heels and seamed stockings and voila! Perfection! At £28 you can't go wrong (and can wear it again and again).



Image 1 of ASOS Midi Bodycon Dress with Twist Neck Detail
ASOS - £28



 
I came across this dress on ASOS and I just loved the khaki green (also available in black and teal). The cross-neck detailing is also beautiful. I would wear this with a brooch in the centre to accentuate the cross-style. A belt to pull in my waist along with a matching handbag and shoes. This one is also £28! (I think I might have to purchase one, oops).




New Look - £48


 
When I'm not feeling a pencil skirt (and my belly is bloated as hell) then I like to opt for a fuller skirted dress. This lovely black floral dress is from New Look. It is a little pricier at £48 but looks absolutely stunning. You could even pair it with a light petticoat for more oomph! I would wear this with pearl accessories, seamed stockings (of course!) and some dark heels.



 I hope you found this little post useful. Let me know what you think and what you guys like to wear for a night on the town!
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...