Sunday 13 December 2015

The Prettiest Dress - Review of The Pretty Dress Company & Splendette


Today's blog post is about the beautiful Marnie pencil dress from The Pretty Dress Company. This online boutique is a UK-based company that brings vintage inspired garments to the modern woman. Their range is sizes 6-18 (6 and 18 are pre-order only) and priced from £49 and upwards with not only dresses on offer but skirts and bustiers, too! First impressions when browsing the website was how elegant each dress looked, whilst also many of the styles being available in different colours/prints.

My Marnie dress arrived within a few days. It certainly has a very 1960s glamour puss feel to it, perfect to wear for a cocktail party! I loved the feel of the material, with the dress being heavy too! I've written on here before about how I love heavy clothes as, to me, they are a sign of durability and high quality. The dress is made from a soft, stretchy twill fabric and is fully lined.


The dress retails at £125 with £5.95 flat rate shipping charge for UK residents. Those outside of the UK, prices vary. I ordered the size 8 as I wasn't aware of the size 6! The size chart states 34" for the bust (accurate), 26.5" for the waist (accurate) and 37" for hips (actual garment measurement was 35" which fitted me perfectly). I have a tiny waist, so I got creative and used the side tie as a belt!




The accessories used in these photos featured some gorgeous autumnal coloured glitter bangles from Splendette. I'm like a magpie for glittery things so was ecstatic when Splendette said they were releasing a glittery collection for AW15. This colour scheme goes so perfectly with the autumn leaves in the background, don't you think? Especially as I am now a red-head I need a whole new wardrobe (oh dear...shopping, what a shame!) I am also wearing a beautiful floral head piece, designed and handmade by the wonderful Rockabilly Red.


 All photographs used in this blog post were taken by the talented Florence. Visit Florence's website and StreetStyle blog here. This is part of a 3-outfit shoot done in Hyde Park back in October. I look forward to sharing with you some other photos taken by this talented lady!


I hope you've enjoyed this post and please comment, share or seek me on Instagram!
Mwah!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. J'adore !
    You are beautiful Alice :*

    Have a wonderful winter
    xx
    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorna, I hope you enjoy the holidays :)

      Best wishes, Alice xx

      Delete
  2. I just love the color palette in these photos and you look amazing in that dress! It's just a great fall piece for accessorizing and I think you've pulled a fabulous look together here. ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonita! Florence (the photographer) was excellent at visualising what worked best for an autumn shoot :) She's a fab photographer.

      Best wishes,
      Alice xx

      Delete
  3. Swoon worthily beautiful photos and ensemble. You've captured the essence and elegance of autumn superbly here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jessica :) I'm pleased with how these photos turned out!

      Happy Holidays :)
      Alice xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...