Tuesday 9 December 2014

Haul on a budget

My first post, hurrah! I thought I would share with you my little haul from this weekend. My friend, Lauren from Birmingham came to visit me and we decided to do a little trip to Wood Green in London in search of cheap goodies from the high street and charity shops...
 
Lauren and I headed to Traid: a charity shop that holds an eclectic mix of high street and vintage fashions. I (left) tried on this little green Christmas number, originally from Principles (£15.99). Unfortunately it was too big otherwise I would have been very tempted! Lauren (right) tried on this saucy houndstooth pencil dress (£5.99 - no label) which she did buy. It fitted her beautifully. In the centre is another fantastic find by Lauren. This pencil skirt (£7.99 - Hobbs) was very unique has it had fishtail detailing on both sides. This definitely gave a very 1940s feel - and the wool is perfect for the winter.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
 The next charity shop on our agenda was the North London Hospice. Rummaging is a must in this shop, but that is part of the fun! Prices are a lot cheaper in this shop and it has been known to find many a vintage item for the same price as secondhand high street. I bought this swing skirt (£3.50 - no label) which had a small enough waist to fit (I have a 22" waist - sometimes a blessing, sometimes a burden!) The very gathered waist band means there is a lot of material to this skirt which I just adore.

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
 Afterwards we headed to Shelter. This charity shop sells good quality high street fashion as well as furniture. Lauren found this little gem - a sweet baby pink cardigan (£2.00) which she decided she could wear either tied in as shown or tucked into high waist skirts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 And finally we headed to Primark. I swear by this shop. The clothing is very affordable and they offer a range of different styles for anybody, no matter what look you are aiming for. Yesterday I picked up this cream knit polo neck (£5.00 - Lauren also bought this in mustard yellow). The material is a little see through but with the right bra you don't reveal too much. Cream goes with so much as well and the polo neck is perfect for keeping your neck warm in the colder months! In this photo, I paired the jumper with my custom made Kitty Boo Boo Couture jeans (Instagram: @KittyBooBooCouture).

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I hope you have enjoyed this haul. Feel free to comment with any questions or feedback on my first blog post.

Much love, 
Alice
x x x

2 comments:

  1. So happy you finally made a blog dear ! :)
    Lorna
    Xxx


    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorna :-) I shall follow you now! :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...