Wednesday 6 January 2016

'Wild Child' - Vivien of Holloway Jezebel dress


 Once I find a brand that I love, I get obssessed. So those of you who follow me on Instagram will know that I often feature Vivien of Holloway in my OOTD posts. I love them for their fit, quality and extensive range of colour and design choice. I was over the moon when they said they wanted to send me a little something to share with you guys on my blog!

Now, I may own 14 of their skirts and 4 dresses but this gal's collection doesn't include any of their pencil dresses! I chose the Jezebel dress because I loved the bustof the Grace dress (click here to read my post about it). I'm not a very busty woman and I love to wear bullet bras so the cross-over shape with the capped sleeves feels right for me over the halterneck version of their pencil dresses. This style does work great on girls with big boobs too (even better in fact), so do not fret!
Cross-over bust detailing
The Jezebel is available in many different colours, prints and materials including satin, lace, rose print and polka dots (to name but a few!). I chose the wild cat print because you can't beat a bit of leopard print (and I'm sure my friend Jo will agree!) 

From left; Lace Bust, Mulberry Duchess (as worn by Paloma Faith!) and Teal Leopard Bust

The dress retails at £99, a price worthy of the quality of VoH garments - I honestly cannot praise them enough. However, if your budget is a bit tight after the Christmas holidays then you can get in on the Vivien of Holloway member's deals. Just search 'Members Deals' on the website and then put in the code member50 for 50% off anything included in the offer! There are many different items and I have already put through a couple of orders!

The fit of these dresses needs to be considered when purchasing off the website. Ideally, visit the shop in London (and also now in Australia!) for the best fit. If you are unable to, then make sure the check the size guide. Measure your bust, waist and hip size to get an accurate fit. The satin dresses will have very little stretch so if you are inbetween sizes, it would probably be best to size up. The sateen / cotton materials have give so bear this in mind. Please click here to see the size guide on the website.

I would wear this dress for special ocassions, parties or just general going out. I know we girls in the pin up industry don't really do subtle and we are always over-dressed for any ocassion regardless so why not be fancy all the time! For this shoot, I paired the dress with black patent heels from M&S, a vintage brooch from Scarlet Rage Vintage and bangles from Splendette (of course!). If you wanted to dress it down a bit, you could go for some cute flats and a little beret for a more casual look - it's up to you.





If you have any burning questions or comments, please write to me through here, comment below or find me on Instagram. I am always happy to help a fellow pin-up! I hope you enjoyed this post.
Mwah!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh, what a powerfully glamorous frock that looks flat out sensational on you, sweet dear.

    Big hugs & tons of joyful wishes for 2016!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning look! The print blouse with with the black skirt looks super cute ~ ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...